What we look for in an Agent
It’s important that, as well as the role being right for you, you’re right for the role and are aware of the personal qualities and attributes that a great Agent has. Additionally there are a series of checks which all Approved Persons and Agents of NFU Mutual need to go through. This is a legal and regulatory requirement of the FCA to make sure NFU Mutual Agents are solvent and fit to give insurance advice to our customers.
Everyone that applies to work as an Approved Person or Agent is assessed individually. There’s no one-size-fits-all approach. Of course, if you have any questions about the application process, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll happily advise and guide you. We must be confident, that:
- You are honest, with integrity and a good reputation; you must be open and honest in your dealings with customers, and be able to comply with all regulatory and legal requirements.
- You must be competent and capable; you’ll need to have all the necessary skills to carry out the role in full.
- You must also be financially sound.
So, before applying, please take the time to consider how you might be measured against the following areas:
- Fitness and Propriety. Can you demonstrate the criteria listed above?
- Credit Check. We will investigate and review any IVA’s or CCJ’s agreements you have and the history behind these. If you have been made bankrupt or are moving through the bankruptcy process then we cannot take your application further forward.
- Cash flow, personal assets and liabilities. Before you give financial advice can you demonstrate that you can manage your own financial matters effectively.
- Supporting documentation to evidence your current financial position e.g. Bank / Building Society statements, Loan statements and Credit Card statements.